Cole Harbour Family Medicine is a family practice clinic which has been seeing patients in Dartmouth, NS for over 30 years. We believe in a community based approach to care. All of our family physicians are credentialed by Capital Health and affiliated with Dartmouth General Hospital.
Our core clinic hours are Monday to Friday from 9:00am - 5:00pm. Evening appointments are available with most of the family physicians. Please call for availability.
PLEASE NOTE :
Dr.Richard Gibson retired Dec 31/19 and if you choose Dr. Yinka Akin-Deko has assumed his practice . At this time though she will not be taking on new patients.
On-line booking, currently for Dr. Akin-Deko's patients only.
How to book
1. Go to booking.medeohealth.com/cole-harbour-family-medicine
2. follow directions to Register, and then select Dr. Y Akin-Deko
3. If you are registering a family member with the same e-mail address, please use your name and indicate in the appointment description who it is for and the reason, and we will make the necessary changes here at the office.
All appointments will be confirmed the next day by office staff through e-mail.
A limited number of same day appointments are available with the family physicians. We also offer a same-day duty clinic for urgent issues for our patients on Monday to Thursday evenings. This is not a walk-in clinic, please call for an appointment. (902)435-6312
For more information on after-hours care options please see our After-Hours Care page.
We are not currently accepting new patients. For more information on finding a family doctor you can call 811 Monday to Friday,11 a.m. to 7 p.m. or visit needafamilypractice.nshealth.ca/FPSearchReasons/create to be added to the provincial waitlist.
- We offer the following services at the clinic:
- Family Practice including prenatal care and palliative care
- General Surgery- Dr. John Murdoch, consults by referral from your physician
- General Surgery - Dr. Warren Shih, consults by referral from your family physician
- Prenatal Care (only)- Dr. Hilary Kinnear